- Careers in Medicine
- COM Policies
- CV and Personal Statement
- Dean's Letters
- Important Dates and Match Timeline
- The Interview
- Letters of Recommendation
- Match Terminology
- MS4 Scheduling
- NRMP Charting Outcomes
- NRMP: How the Match Works
- The Residency Application Dossier
- Web Resources
- Integrated Pre-Residency Program
Interviewing Basics for Residency Programs
1. When offered interviews, respond as soon as possible to the program.
2. Plan on participating in as many interviews as possible (Aim for around 15, but keep in mind this number will vary by specialty and goals).
3. Most interviews take place November-January.
4. Plan to group interviews if possible, and schedule near the weekend. See OUCOM policies about being excused from rotations.
5. Review our guidelines, tips, and tricks for the interview document here.
6. Research the program before you travel to the interview to be better prepared for your interview.
8. Practice your interviewing skills prior to your first interview. Consider setting up a mock interview with Lauren Condry in the Student Affairs office. Take advantage of other opportunities for mock interviews when presented them as well.