- About the School of Community Medicine
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Physician Assistant Program
- Departments and Residency Programs
- Faculty Affairs
- Helpful Resources
- Contact Us
Third Year Medical Students
Academic Calendar and Curriculum
OU College of Medicine Policies and Student Handbook
Immunizations, Drug Screens & Background Checks
Immunizations and TB test are required for each student yearly. Third year students must submit their up to date immunization records typically by early June.
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Vaccine History Form for OUHSC Students
Complete this form in its entirety (front and back, but leave the “Student ID” line blank), attach verification of vaccines and return it to Student Health, Schusterman Center Clinic, 3rd Floor, 4444 E. 41st Street, Suite 3501, Tulsa, OK 74135
Drug screens and background checks are required annually. Each year you will receive information from the Student Services Office regarding fees, locations and other details.
During the 3rd year of medical school, our students participate in Bedlam clinics as part of their curriculum. More information can be found on the Student Experience page of our website.
Student Academy Dates & Topics
- 17 July - Hypertension & Hyperlipidemia
- 21 August - Diabetes
- 18 September - Dermatology & Pain Management
- 16 October - Respiratory
- 13 November - Chronic Illness
- 15 January - Counseling / Fitness
- 19 February - Musculoskeletal
- 11 March - Medication Management of Chronic Diseases
- 15 April - Dealing with Difficult Patients and Problems
- 13 May - GI / GERD
Away Rotation Information
We will cover additional details about away rotations during your 4th year orientation. You are able to take up to three away rotations during your 4th year.
VSAS - Your away rotations will be scheduled through this site.