Financial Aid & Scholarships
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR MD STUDENTS
The purpose of the financial aid program at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is to provide assistance to students who need help in meeting the cost of their education. Increased costs have affected every aspect of the educational process. Colleges and universities in general, and health professions schools in particular, have been called upon to assist the growing number of students and parents who cannot afford to carry the financial burden of such professional training. Applications from all students who believe they will require financial aid are encouraged.
Please visit the OU College of Medicine webpage for Financial Aid for more detailed information.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
The main office for all OUHSC students is location at:
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Offices of Financial Aid
Post Office Box 26901
David Boren Student Union Room 301
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73126-0901
Telephone: (405) 271-2118
Tulsa students may also visit:
OU Tulsa Student Enrollment Center
4502 East 41st Street
Schusterman Center Campus
Main Administration Building, Room 114
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135
Telephone: (918) 660-3474
OU SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
OUHSC Scholarship Information page. This is a fantastic resource for students looking for scholarship available to OUHSC students.
- The American Association of Medical Colleges provides numerous resources for medical school candidates, current students and residents. Some of their tools and information can be found at the links below.
- Pay for Medical School - Contains information on how to pay for medical school, budgeting expenses and applying for financial aid.
- Careers in Medicine - Helps students choose their specialty and offers tips on landing the residency of your choice.
- FIRST for Students - Learn what types of loan options are available and decide which fit your possible repayment plans.
- MPH - Master of Public Health Scholarships offered through the George Kaiser Family Foundation program.
- IHS - Indian Health Services Scholarship
- IHS - Indian Health Services Loan Repayment
- NHSC - National Health Service Corps
- PMTC - Physician Manpower Training Commission
- NIH - National Institutes of Health, Division of Loan Repayment
- AAIP - Association of American Indian Physicians
- Native American Students - A list of scholarships for Native American Students compiled by MoneyGeek
Other opportunities for students will be emailed as they are received.