OU-Tulsa Student Health Clinic
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, call (918) 660 - 3102. The OU-Tulsa Student Health Clinic staff will make every effort to schedule your appointment at a time that is convenient for you. Appointments are offered from 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Appointments must be made for a visit.
- Same day appointments are typically available..
- Student ID (& insurance card if you are an OUHSC-based student) required each visit.
- Check in at the OU Tulsa Student Affairs office; Room 1C76 in the adminstration building.
OU-Tulsa Student Health is located in the Student Affairs office in the Main Academic Building at:
- 4502 E 41st St, Room 1C76 , Tulsa, OK 74135
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Phone: (918) 660 - 3102 | Fax: (918) 660 - 3101
All OU-Tulsa students in both HSC-based and Norman-based programs pay a student health fee each semester (exception: Liberal Studies students). This health fee provides certain and limited student health services at the Student Health Clinic. The student health fee is not health insurance.
A student may request that their Health Fee be waived if they meet certain enrollment criteria. Contact OU-Tulsa Enrollment at 918-660-3474. Waivers must be requested for each semester.
Please note there is no copay or visit charge for an appointment at the Student Health Clinic.
Medical Services Covered Under the Student Health Fee
Acute Care Visits:
- Acute respiratory infections (colds, flu, bronchitis, sinus infections - may require completion of COVID Onling Screening Form)
- Acute skin infections and rashes
- Acute allergy or asthma exacerbations
- Symptoms of UTI
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Evaluation of musculoskeletal injuries - sprains, strains, acute back pain or acute joint pain
- Acute injuries requiring wound evaluation
- Travel medicine consultation appointments with a medical provider
- Point-of-care testing (influenza, strep throat, UTI, pregnancy)
- COVID testing not provided at the Student Health Clinic
Additional medical services that may be billed to health insurance:
- Office visits for multiple issues
- Office visits for chronic problems
- Office visits requiring medication refills or medication monitoring
- Office visits to discuss referrals to a specialist
- Annual physical exams
- Well Woman Exams (including pap smears)
- All imaging studies (x-rays, ultrasounds, CTs, MRIs)
- All bloodwork processed outside of clinic
- STD evaluation and testing
- Female and reproductive rleated issues
- Vaccinations (may vary)
- TB screening (IGRA blood test)
- Blood titers to check for immunity against infectious diseases (billed to insurance or cash pay)
- Blood borne pathogen exposure bloodwork - billed to the needle stick coverage component of health insurance plans
Immunizations/TB Skin Test
Titers - see pricing schedule
Labs - will be billed to insurance or student will be charged a fee at the time or service
Acute, Chronic, and Preventive Health Office Visits
Immunizations available through Student Health include:
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Tdap vaccine
- Influenza vaccine
Student Health administers TB skin tests on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. TB tests cannot be placed on Thursdays. Please schedule an appointment to receive your TB test. Please click here to find more information on TB testing.
If you need other vaccines please contact Tulsa Health Department at 918-595-4509 or visit their website.
Pricing related to Hep B Titers & Vaccines
1st Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Titer (to follow completion of Hep B vaccination series). Must be drawn > 4 weeks from last dose: $15
- If titer is negative, completion of second Hep B series is required.
If Completion of 2nd Hep B series is required:
- Hep B three-dose series (Engerix-B): $40 each dose
- Repeat titer required at 4 - 6 weeks after last dose: $15
To schedule an appointment or if you have any questions, please call 918.660.3102.
Prices are based on actual cost of supplies lab processing charged to Student Health, and are cheaper than Tulsa County Health Department. We only accept cash or check (payable to OU-Tulsa) payments.
Lab services provided by Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma are not covered by the health fee. Labs will billed to the student's personal health insurance or a cash pay option will be taken at the time of service.
X-rays are available through Student Health and are covered by the health fee.
Report incident to your proper supervisor immediately. If possible, report to Student Health within two hours of exposure.
If exposure occurs after hours or at a clinical site that is 50 miles from campus, report to the nearest emergency room and to Student Health the next business day.
The Student Health fee does not cover laboratory costs for baseline or follow up testing or for prophylactic medicines as a result of an exposure. Labs will be billed to the student's personal insurance, needlestick policy, or to the student directly.
OU-Tulsa Infectious Disease Policy (PDF)
CDC Exposure Document: What Healthcare Professionals Need to Know (PDF)