Coping Skills Workshop
The Coping Skills Workshop is for students who want to reduce stress, improve their mood, and engage in good mental health habits.
- Increase positive mood events in your weekly routine.
- Use healthy coping skills for negative events and negative moods.
- Regular habits for mental health hygeine.
- Steps to take to effectively change the situation you're in.
- How to sit with discomfort when you can't change the situation.
- Learn to savor the present moment instead of reliving the past or worrying about the future.
- Live by your values and goals even when you have negative emotions.
- Ask for what you need in a situation or relationship.
- Solve interpersonal conflicts in a calm and productive way.
- Set boundaries and say "no" when you need to.
- Catch your negative self-talk in its tracks.
- Recognize when thoughts are unrealistic or unhelpful.
- Start to think thoughts which are balanced, realistic, and helpful
We have also created Coping Skills Workshop videos below based on our previous in-person workshops for your convenience!
Here are the handouts from the Coping Thoughts workshop/video: