Feel Better Fast
Feel Better Fast is a workshop is for students who want to reduce stress, improve their mood, and engage in good mental health habits. Each week focuses on one of the five Feel Better Fast skills. This is a drop-in workshop: Students can start Feel Better Fast on any week of the semester, learn the skills in any order, or attend only the weeks which correspond with desired skills. There is no workshop fee for currently enrolled students.
For Fall 2020, workshops will start on September 14th and be held on Zoom at the following times:
Tuesdays 2:00 PM
Fridays 10:00 AM
Call 405-325-2911 to sign up. For updates on new sections that open each semester, follow us on social media (inks at the bottom of this page).
Workshops are around 50 minutes in duration. Can't make the above times? Watch the main highlights in the videos below.
- Increase positive mood events in your weekly routine.
- Use healthy coping skills for negative events and negative moods.
- Regular habits for mental health hygeine.
- Steps to take to effectively change the situation you're in.
- How to sit with discomfort when you can't change the situation.
- Learn to savor the present moment instead of reliving the past or worrying about the future.
- Live by your values and goals even when you have negative emotions.
- Ask for what you need in a situation or relationship.
- Solve interpersonal conflicts in a calm and productive way.
- Set boundaries and say "no" when you need to.
- Catch your negative self-talk in its tracks.
- Recognize when thoughts are unrealistic or unhelpful.
- Start to think thoughts which are balanced, realistic, and helpful
Can't make our workshop times? Watch our Feel Better Fast videos below to get the main highlights.
Here are the handouts from the Coping Thoughts workshop/video: