PROMOTING YOUR EVENT AT THE UNION
If you are a registered student organization or university department/academic unit hosting an event in the Union, the following opportunities are available to help publicize your event.
The Union can accommodate banners on the main (East) entrance to the building, the Meacham Auditorium (East) entrance and the South entrance. Banners must be professionally made and appropriate for outdoor use with grommets for hanging. We also suggest vents for wind. Banners made from paper, bed sheets and without grommets will not be accepted. There is a $25 charge to hang the banner and it will hang for no more than a week. Use the link below to request a banner. Do not have your banner made before requesting approval.
- East Entrance Maximum Dimensions: 12 feet long, 4 feet tall
- Meacham Entrance Maximum Dimensions: 10 feet long, 3 feet tall
- South Entrance Maximum Dimensions: 12 feet long, 4 feet tall
Registered Student Organizations may request tabling space using OU Reserve. University departments/academic units may request a table by emailing email@example.com or calling (405) 325-2121. Tabling space is free for university groups.
Non-university groups may request a tabling space by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (405) 325-2121. Non-University group tabling is available on the first floor of the Union in the Clarke-Anderson Room, on a first-come, first-served basis, provided the product does not conflict with current university contracts and/or Oklahoma Memorial Union contracts or lease agreements. Tabling space is $300 per day for non-university groups.
- Groups/businesses distributing flyers on union grounds without tabling space (including the parking facility and exterior lawns and walkways) will be asked to desist and reported to OUPD if they refuse.The offending group may also be restricted from booking space in the union in the future.
A community bulletin board is located by Quiznos in the Union food court. Any group may post information on this board, however, the board is maintained by the union and items may be removed at any time. The bulletin board is cleared on the 1st and 15th of every month.
If you are hosting an event in the Union, you may request an easel from the union to display your event information in the Union Lobby. Please coordinate with your union reservationist if you would like an easel to display your event information. Your poster/information should be delivered to room 428 of the Union on foam core or a display board (not poster board).
- The digital displays and glass display cases in the Union are reserved for Union event information only and are not available for displaying other event information.
- Posters/flyers posted without permission of the Union will be removed and the offending group may be restricted from booking space in the union in the future.
Solicitation shall be prohibited on campus except for solicitation by university departments, RSOs or branches of the SGA which may occur in conjunction with regular student activities and campus events with the approval of the director of Student Life, or where in conjunction with vendor or licensing agreements with the University.
- Assuming the event is permissible under this policy, a Solicitation Request must be submitted to Campus Scheduling (3) three working days prior to the event.
- RSOs shall follow basic policies for revenue-producing activities.
- The University has a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), as well as an approved campus standard that all University entities must adhere to when depositing funds into University accounts. In addition, any approved officers undertaking this responsibility will be held accountable for any security breach.
- All RSO funds must be deposited upon receipt, in the appropriate account in accordance with state laws.
- All RSOs using indoor or outdoor campus facilities for approved fund-raising purposes will be required to pay a solicitation fee, even when utilizing public places. Payment must be received by Campus Scheduling three business days before the day of the scheduled event.
- Areas for solicitation by the Reserving Party must be approved by Campus Scheduling.
Fundraising for political candidates is not allowed in or on University facilities.
Unless otherwise permitted (e.g. fundraising for student organizations, University-related vendor/licensing arrangements) University facilities or properties may not be used for personal profit or gain.