What You Should Know
You can customize your wedding day celebration by adding some of the following extra perks to your University of Oklahoma Memorial Union Wedding Package:
- Complimentary Bride and Groom suite when you book your ceremony at the union
- Host your rehearsal dinner in one of the event rooms with a custom-designed menu
- Add A/V equipment for a video presentation to kick off your reception
- Serve top shelf spirits or a martini bar to tempt your guests
All catering and beverages for your wedding reception must be arranged through the university's catering department; no outside food or beverages are allowed. Alcohol service stops at midnight for all events.
Catering packages can be customized to suit your budget and preferences, ranging from something as simple as punch, appetizers and a champagne toast to a lavish four-course sit down banquet and top shelf bar with custom cocktails. Floor length white table linens and white cocktail napkins are included in wedding catering packages; you can upgrade your reception tablescapes with an outside wedding rental service of your choice.
Decorating policies are strict to adhere to fire codes and all decorations must be approved by the Union Administrative Office. The following items are prohibited:
- Outdoor torches or lanters
- Hay, straw or evergreens
- Crepe paper, tissue paper, ribbon, confetti or glitter
- Tape, nails, staples or tacks
Candles are allowed in appropriate enclosed glass containers.
The parking center is open until 1 a.m. for your wedding guests. The university reserves the right to require security personnel depending on the location of your event and the number of attendees and other details.