- “I am a believer in holding my office hours through action tutoring. I find that student participation has increased three fold compared to holding them in my office. And, with more room for the UC action centers than my office provides, it is possible to get some nice group conservations going between the students.” Glen S. Krutz, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives and Professor of Political Science (fall, 2016)
- "I believe this service is making a difference for the students. It is giving the students an opportunity to understand the material from a different angle, and the faculty an opportunity to explore complementary teaching methods." Dr. Fares Najar, Biochemistry, December 2013 survey
- "Because I can interact with students so easily in AC, over the course material or just general conversation (they are more comfortable in AC than one on one in my office), it is by far the best way for me to gauge how things are going in the course. I learn how well they understand the lecture and lab material and even get feedback on how my TAs are doing in lab." Dr. Cindy Gordon (Fall, 2016)
- "The UC Action program has been a tremendous help for my students. Our Farsi Friday meetings have helped students and others to learn about the Persian culture while they practice their language skills. My students absolutely love this program and appreciate UC Action financial support which enables them to explore the Persian culture in first-person basis." Marjan Seirafi-Pour, Middle East Programs Coordinator
- "At the end of last semester, one student told me, 'You've taught me not just the subject, but how to study/learn.'" Dr. Peggy Ellis, Political Science, February 5, 2010 conference
You provide us with your time, follow an active and collaborative learning philosophy, and advertise Action Centers to your students. We provide you with a trained, undergraduate Peer Learning Assistant (where needed), advertising, tracking of student visits, room scheduling assistance, and other resources!
Contact us to learn more about setting up your Action Center!