Online Career Inventories
Not sure what you want to do "when you grow up?" Undecided about your major or minor? We offer free career assessments and inventories for OU students. These will help narrow down certain career interests based on your aptitudes, skills, values, and interests.
If you have any questions regarding these career assessments, please email the Center for Major & Career Exploration, or call (405) 325-1684.
Is your future career plan SuperStrong? The SuperStrong® assessment is derived from the Strong Interest Inventory® assessment, one of the most widely used career tools in the world. The SuperStrong helps students identify their interests and extends their understanding of how interests can support academic and career success with up-to-date data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), and Occupational Information Network (O*NET). Using the same career theory and research behind the Strong Interest Inventory, the SuperStrong is readily accessible to all members of the OU community. The assessment takes 5-10 minutes and can be taken via computer, cell phone, tablet, or any other electronic device.
To access the SuperStrong Assessment, follow the steps below:
- Go to https://vitanavis.com/uofoklahoma
- Click "Sign Up" and use access code uofoklahoma-sooners to create a new account. This account will allow you to access your results anytime.
- After creating an account, the system will prompt you to begin the assessment.
- You will immediately see your results after completing the assessment.
- Follow up with a Major & Career Exploration Coach if you have additional questions!
Strong Interest Inventory
The Strong Interest Inventory (SII) is used by more than 70% of U.S. colleges and universities and is the world’s most widely respected and frequently used tools for education and career planning. It is easy to complete and is backed by unparalleled reliability and validity. The SII personalized report is designed specifically for college students and suggest majors, careers, student groups and classes that are a good match for your areas of interests, preferences and personal style. Since this report is so in-depth, it requires a meeting with a Major & Career Exploration coach to help you interpret it!
Here's how to take the Strong Interest Inventory:
- Contact our office at email@example.com, to find out how to take the SII.
- You will be sent a link to complete the SII. This assessment takes between 30-45 minutes to complete.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a Major and Career Exploration Coach on iAdvise.ou.edu.
- You will be given your Strong Interest Inventory report during your appointment. Your Major & Career Exploration Coach will go over your results with you.