Nearly 2,400 graduation candidates will participate in the December 2021 ceremonies, where they will be recognized individually, have their pictures taken and their diplomas presented by their dean.
“We congratulate all of our fall graduates on their remarkable accomplishments, and we look forward to seeing the profound impact they will have on our world as members of the OU alumni family,” said OU President Joseph Harroz Jr.
Each college hosting a December convocation on the OU Norman campus has been assigned a specific ceremony time and location, and all ceremonies will be livestreamed. For more information, visit www.ou.edu/commencement.
In an effort to make the convocation ceremonies as safe as possible, the following security procedures will be in place.
All guests and graduates will pass through a security screening before entry to the graduation venue, with medical lanes for those who require alternate screening methods.
The clear bag policy is also in effect. The approved clear plastic bag size is a maximum of 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag. The policy will allow non-transparent clutch purses that are no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches. Bags that are necessary for medical equipment will be searched at marked medical lanes at each gate. No other bags or purses, including diaper bags, will be permitted. The limit on bags is one per person.
Express lanes will be available for those who do not bring bags to the venue.
Items that are allowed for graduation ceremonies include:
- Clear plastic bags (1 per person) no larger than 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (1 per person)
- Non-transparent clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (1 per person)
- Bags necessary for approved medical equipment
- Approved family care items (diapers, formula, etc.) must be in a clear plastic bag
- Empty, clear plastic water bottles less than 17 oz.
- Seat cushions and chair backs smaller than 16" wide and without frames or armrests
- Still photography cameras
- Video cameras
Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded, and any unlawful items are subject to confiscation.
- Alcohol (in all forms)
- Baby seats
- Baby strollers
- Backpacks, camera bags, diaper bags, fanny packs, purses or binocular cases
- Beach balls, footballs, balls or other sporting equipment
- Coolers, containers or ice chests
- Explosives, firearms or weapons
- Folding chairs or stools
- Food or drink
- Gift-wrapped packages
- Laser pointers
- Noise makers of any type (i.e., air horns, plastic horns, whistles, etc.)
- Personal heaters
- Pets (with the exception of registered service dogs)
- Selfie sticks, bi pods, monopods, etc.
Security officers will search all bags before attendees will be permitted to enter. Those with prohibited items will be asked to return items to their car.
Guests also are reminded that all OU facilities are tobacco, electronic cigarette and vaping device-free. The use of all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco, electronic cigarettes and vaping devices is prohibited anywhere on the OU grounds or campus.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Masking is expected at indoor events at OU when not eating or drinking.
About the University of Oklahoma
Founded in 1890, the University of Oklahoma is a public research university located in Norman, Oklahoma. OU serves the educational, cultural, economic and health care needs of the state, region and nation. For more information visit www.ou.edu.