Undergraduate Student Admission
Graduate Student Admission
Thank you for your interest in the graduate programs in the School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science here at The University of Oklahoma! Both the OU and CEES applications must be received by the deadlines noted below. It usually takes eight to 12 weeks for an application to be processed, therefore those who submit complete applications well in advance of these deadlines have a higher likelihood of receiving financial assistantships. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed if time permits; however, late applicants run the risk of being deferred until the following semester. To view the Office of Graduate Admissions Website click here.
Graduate Research Assistantships are award by individual faculty members and not by admission or the department. Unless contacted by a faculty member at the time of your admission, all master’s students are admitted as coursework only students. If you are not contacted, but are interested in research, upon arrival you may discuss research opportunities with faculty members and possibly change to a thesis program.
- OU Application for Admission (Online Application)
- Application processing fee
- Official University Transcript(s)
- Statement of Goals or Purpose (500 words or less)
- Two letters of reference (Masters Degree) or three letters of reference (Doctoral Degree). Please request your references to comment on your knowledge of the following in addition to any other comments that would aid us in assessing your skills.
- Engineering and scientific principles
- Analytical abilities
- Experimental abilities
- Initiative and communication skills
- Official Graduate Records Examinations (GRE) scores. All scores must be five years old or less. Only original documents will be accepted.
- Ph.D. applicants submit a copy of your abstract from your thesis
Non-U.S. Citizens must also submit:
- Confidential Financial Statement
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Report (Applicants are responsible for requesting the testing agency submit the report)
- Onground Programs - Norman Campus
All materials must be received on or before the dates below to be considered for admission for the following semester.
- Online Programs
The online programs have rolling admissions and are not governed by the deadlines noted below.
|Semester||U.S. Citizen ||Non U.S. Citizen|
|Fall/Summer Semester||January 15||January 15|
|Spring Semester||August 15||August 15|
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Oklahoma
School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science
Attn: Graduate Programs
202 W. Boyd St., Room 334
Norman, Oklahoma 73019