The University of Oklahoma is committed to serving all of Oklahoma, and Sooner Promise is one of the many ways we demonstrate our commitment. OU recognizes the importance of the State Regents’ Oklahoma’s Promise program and their mission to serve Oklahomans by providing funding for higher education.
Our Commitment to you!
Students who receive Oklahoma's Promise may be eligible for Sooner Promise. The Sooner Promise Commitment includes a four year funding commitment if students meet specified requirements. The funding commitment includes the Oklahoma's Promise award plus $5500 for the award year(s) that you maintain eligibility.
The $5500 Sooner Promise Commitment amount will include any and all scholarships, grants, federal, state, tribal, and university awards you receive. If the total of these awards do not meet the committed amount, OU Financial Aid Services will award additional funds to meet the Sooner Promise Annual Commitment of $5500.
- Must meet normal admission standards for first time entering students for fall and enroll at OU.
- Be eligible for and receive Oklahoma’s Promise funding coordinated by the State Regents.
- Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must have been received by March 1.
- Must take adequate coursework to ensure graduation in four years.
- Apply for financial aid via the FAFSA by March 1st each year for the subsequent fall/spring terms.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Continue to receive Oklahoma Promise funding.
- Stay on track to graduate in four years.
- Attend and participate in the freshman year Symposiums.