Program Area: Corporate finance; corporate governance; risk management, including investment and portfolio management; the behavior of security prices; valuation and energy markets
Office: Adams Hall Room 253
Phone: (405) 325-3444
Address: 307 W. Brooks, Room 253
Norman, OK 73072
SCOTT C. LINN
Professor of Finance
Scott Linn teaches at all levels. Example courses include Energy Corporate Finance and Corporate Risk Management.
His research has been published in the leading journals in the area and he has received external funding from for instance the U.S. Department of Energy.
He serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Futures Markets, the Journal of Banking and Finance and the International Review of Economics and Finance.
Professor Linn has served as consultant in the Office of the Chief Economist of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and held administrative positions both in Price College as well as professional associations.
- Ph.D. Purdue University(Finance, Econometrics)
- M.S. Rutgers University (Operations Research)
- M.B.A Northeastern University (Business Administration)
- B.B.A. Stetson University (Economics, Finance)
- External funding from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Appointed the William Evans Visiting Fellow at the University of Otago (N.Z.), as the Byrnes Guest Lecturer at the University of Montana and was the keynote speaker at the 17th New Zealand Finance Colloquium, as well as visiting professor in the department of accounting and finance of the University of Strathclyde (U.K.).
with N. Tay (2001). “Fuzzy Inductive Reasoning, Expectation Formation and the Behavior of Security Prices”. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol. 25, 2001.
with B. Stanhouse (2003). “The Economic Advantage of Learners in a Spot/Futures Market” . Journal of Futures Markets, Vol. 23, 2003.
with Z. Zhu (2004). “Natural Gas Prices and the Gas Storage Report: Public News and Volatility in Energy Futures Markets” . Journal of Futures Markets, Vol. 24, 2004.
with D. Park (2005). “Outside Director Compensation Policy and the Investment Opportunity Set” . Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 11, 2005.
with D. Stock (2005). “The Impact of Junior Debt Issuance on Senior Unsecured Debt’s Risk Premiums” . Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 29, 2005.
with N. Tay (2007). “Complexity and the Character of Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence and A Model of Asset Prices Based Upon Complex Investor Learning” . Management Science Vol. 53, 2007.
with J.D. Ju and Z. Zhu (2010). “Middlemen and Oligopolistic Market Makers” . Journal of Economics and Management Strategy Vol. 19, 2010, (lead article).
With S.Z. Chiou-Wei and Z. Zhu (2014). “The Response of U.S. Natural Gas Futures and Spot Prices to Storage Change Surprises and the Effect of Escalating Physical Gas Production”. Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol 42, 2014.