STA-21 - Seaman to Admiral Program
STA-21 is designed to provide an opportunity for Navy enlisted personnel who possess outstanding qualifications and motivation for a naval career to obtain a commission.
The STA-21 Program will keep all participants on active duty at their current enlisted pay grade. This means they will receive all the pay, allowances, benefits, and privileges they currently enjoy and will still be eligible for enlisted advancement while in the program. In addition, the Sailors will receive up to $10,000 per year to cover tuition, books, and fees.
Benefits of Attending Oklahoma
- OU ranks first in nation among all public institutions in the number of National Merit Scholars enrolled, at more than 800
- OU is the only Big 12 university to be selected as having one of America’s 25 most beautiful campuses.
- Low cost of living
- In-state resident tuition for STA-21 Officer Candidates
- Tinker Air Force Base – 10 miles away
- Large Commissary & Exchange
- Military Hospital
- Navy Federal Credit Union, just outside the Maine Gate
- Golf Course
- Uniform Store
- Information Travel & Tours office
- 10 miles from Oklahoma City and 2.5 hours from Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Norman, Oklahoma is a great community for students and families alike! The University of Oklahoma is an institution with excellent academics, strong traditions, and a diverse student body. You will find Oklahoma as a STA-21 Officer Candidate – an enjoyable and rewarding experience!