More than 6,000 current students have chosen to join the Fraternity & Sorority community at the University of Oklahoma. Each of our 55 active chapters is a member of one of our five Greek councils and each offers unique opportunities for personal growth and meaningful experiences to 27% of University of Oklahoma students.
The OU fraternity and sorority community is a vibrant community filled with students, philanthropists, mentors, peer educators, engaged citizens, and much more. Below are a few fast facts about Greek Life at the University of Oklahoma:
- Over $800,000 has been raised by our community for philanthropic endeavors this year alone
- Community members have given over 150,000 hours of service in 2018
- Members currently hold over 2,500 leadership positions on campus
- The All-Greek GPA is a 3.28
- 48% of our membership is held by out-of-state students
- Greek students received over $21 million in scholarships in 2017
The Fraternity & Sorority Experience
As a department within the Office of Student Life, we believe in the mission of our office - "You Belong Here." There is a fraternity or sorority for every student at OU. We are happy to help you find your home away from home at the University of Oklahoma.