Online consultations are now open. Unfortunately, we are unable to hold one-with-one in-person consultations for the rest of the semester under the current circumstances.
We encourage you to use our online asynchronous email consultation and/or synchronous video chat consultation options to see what helps you learn best. As with all writing consultations, our primary goal for your experience through online submissions is that you learn something about writing that you can use in the future. Because of this, we want to provide feedback that is thoughtful, intentional, and useful. All we ask is that you take a minute to let us know how we can best help you. Keep in mind the following things
For online email consultation submissions:
- You can submit up to 3000 words
- You can submit up to 3 times in one week
- We will send a response via email within 1-2 business days.
For online video chat consultations (available Mon-Thurs 10am-3pm):
- You can submit up to 1500 words
- You can submit up to 2 times in one week
- Each video chat consultation has a maximum appointment time of 1 hour
- We will send a confirmation email by 3 pm on the day of submission to schedule the online meeting
- Any video chat consultation requests submitted after 3 pm will receive a confirmation email the next business day to schedule the online meeting
- You can only request a next-day consultation if you submit before 3 pm on the day of submission
- Same-day consultations are not available
The OU Writing Center welcomes all writers and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, language background, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We consider difference to be a seed for learning, writing, and a just society.