Oklahoma Archeological Survey
In-Person File Search Procedures
As of June 1, 2021
- We are pleased to announce that consultants and agency representatives will again be able to come to OAS to complete their own file searches as of June 1, 2021.
- All entry to the file room will be by confirmed appointment only. To make an appointment, please contact our office at (405)325-7211 during normal business hours.
- File search appointments will be between the hours of 8:30-11:30 am and 1:30-4:30 pm.
- Appointment time slots will be for one hour. Two-hour visits may be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.
- In order to minimize the amount of time necessary to access OAS records, please be sure to come with: 1) the file search request form already completed and signed by a qualified Principal Investigator (PI); and 2) an accurate list of the USGS topographic quadrangle maps that you need to access.
- No more than two consulting firms and/or agencies will be allowed in the CAP room at one time in order to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- No more than two representatives will be allowed per consulting firm or agency.
- Consultants/Agency representatives who show up without an appointment may be asked to wait outside until space is available in the CAP room and will not be guaranteed access on the day of their visit.
- If you are not vaccinated, please wear a mask.
- If you are ill, please reschedule your appointment.
- As of June 1, 2021, our office will no longer provide file searches on behalf of agencies and consultants.