Handshake is a career management platform that intuitively connects you to relevant job opportunities based on your profile, interests, and search activity. Through Handshake, you can apply for positions, explore companies and connections, and see upcoming career fairs and workshops all in one place.
To access Handshake on the go, download the app from the app store.
1) Log In to Your Account
To access your Handshake account, click here. Select "The University of Oklahoma Sign On" and sign in with your OU Single Sign On credentials (your 4x4 and password) to begin exploring the system. Please note: All current students have a Handshake account. Do not create a new account. If you have any difficulties please contact our office via email at email@example.com
2) Complete Your Profile
This information is very important. Your profile provides the criteria by which employers search for potential employees. When you login for the first time, you will be prompted to create a profile and upload your résumé into the system. The more complete your profile is filled out, the better we will be able to assist you and the better Handshake will be able to populate your newsfeed with opportunities that matter to you. IMPORTANT: You have the option to share your profile information with employers by selecting or de-selecting the box under the "Make Profile Public". Handshake will default to a private profile unless you select otherwise.
3) Search Employers
With over 10,000 employers in this database, this section is a great resource to identify companies that interest you.
To search companies:
- Select Jobs from the the top navigation bar and click Employers
- Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your employer search OR search by employer type, size, and/or location.
- Click on the organization name to view specific information about the company including profile, address and contact information.
4) Search for Jobs and Internships
- Select Jobs from the top navigation bar.
- Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your search OR simply view all current jobs without entering any search criteria.
- Click on a position title to see the specifics of the position and how to apply. You can also select Follow Job at the top to receive additional updates about the position.
5) Apply for On-Campus Interviewing
- Select Jobs from the top navigation bar and click On-Campus Interviews to see all current On-Campus Interview schedules.
- Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your search OR simply view all current schedules without entering any search criteria.
- Click on the Schedule to view information. To request an interview, click Apply. To view the specifics of the related job, click on the position title located at the bottom of the page.
6) Register For Career Fairs & Workshops
- Select Events from the top navigation bar.
- View details by clicking on the career event's name and select Join Event to register for it.
- You can select Follow Event at the top to receive additional updates.