Canvas Teaching Tips are distributed by the Dodge Family College of Arts and Sciences Online and Academic Technology Services office and offer SHORT helpful tips about Canvas, online learning, and academic technology.
Posting an Announcement in Canvas is a great way to communicate with students throughout the semester as well as to re-engage them in the course.
When would I use Announcements?
- Create a “Welcome” message
- Remind students about class work
- Post a video that relates to a class topic
- Post an instructor created video
- Share a current news article or event
- Celebrate student success
Helpful Announcement Features:
- Appear on Home page - Announcements can appear on the home page when you select this setting
- Delay Posting - Allows you to choose when the announcement will be posted
- Enable Replies - Announcements can be set to allow students to reply
- Saved - All announcements are saved and can be used in future semesters
Make sure students know that you will be communicating with them through announcements so they can set their notifications appropriately. Click here for a Student Guide for Notifications
Canvas Mobile Guides
How to Get your Announcements Read
Canvas help is easy to find and always available. Click the Help button in the Canvas global navigation for 24 hour support and great help guides.