Canvas Teaching Tips are distributed by the Dodge Family College of Arts and Sciences Online and Academic Technology Services office and offer SHORT helpful tips about Canvas, online learning, and academic technology.
Peer Reviews in Canvas
Canvas peer review assignments are a great opportunity for students to learn from one another and to collaborate. Students can provide feedback to each other in the form of comments, annotations, or teacher assigned rubrics. Peer reviews can also be assigned to show student names or display anonymously.
How to Use Peer Review in Canvas
To assist students with peer reviews, provide them with a rubric or clear instructions on what type of feedback they are to provide to one another. Below are several resources.
- Helping Students Make Effective Comments
- Helping Students Handle Divergent Advice
- Resource: Sample workshop sheets (for students to fill-out as they complete the peer review)
Guides to provide students in your class:
- How do I know if I have a peer review assignment to complete?
- How do I submit a peer review to an assignment?
- Where can I find my peers' feedback for peer reviewed assignments?
Image Adapted from: School vector created by makyzz - www.freepik.com
Canvas help is easy to find and always available. Click the Help button in the Canvas global navigation for 24 hour support and great help guides.