Canvas Teaching Tips are distributed by the Dodge Family College of Arts and Sciences Online and Academic Technology Services office and offer SHORT helpful tips about Canvas, online learning, and academic technology.
Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom is a video conferencing solution that is a very powerful, yet easy to use.
In addition to standard audio/video conferencing features, Zoom includes:
- Screen sharing
- Collaborative whiteboarding
Video conferencing has many applications for face-to-face and online courses. Here are some ideas...
- Synchronous online lecture or discussion
- Makeup lecture for snow days or sick days
- Video demonstration of software, website, problem solving, etc
- Online office hours
- “Break-out rooms” simulate group work in a face-to-face classroom
- Student performance assessment (language, musical performance, etc.)
- Verbal examination
- Identity verification
- Group projects
- Student presentations and collaborations
- Conducting online interviews for projects
Please contact our office to learn more about using Zoom to implement these ideas in your course!
Canvas help is easy to find and always available. Click the Help button in the Canvas global navigation for 24 hour support and great help guides.