Skip Navigation

Financial Documentation

Skip Side Navigation

Financial Documentation

Under US immigration law, you must verify sufficient financial documentation of funds available for study in the US for you and your dependents, as applicable. Note: If a financial document is under someone else's name, the account holder must fill out a Financial Support Letter to be submitted with the financial document.

Financial documents must clearly state bank name or logo, account number (partial is acceptable), account holder's name, date of statement, and account balance. Date on financial document cannot be more than 90 days ago.

Acceptable Financial Documents *

  • Scholarship Letters
  • Bank and Investment Statements/Letters
  • Certificates of Deposit and Fixed Deposits
  • Business Accounts (with owner support and proof of ownership)
  • Loans
  • Letter from Sponsoring Agency
  • Certificate of Surrender Value of Life Insurance Policy

Unacceptable Financial Documents

  • Property
  • Valuables (jewelry, antiques, etc)
  • Nonliquid Assets and Investments
  • Letter from an Accounting Firm
  • Income Tax Return
  • Support from Another F-1 or J-1 Student who is not spouse/parent
  • Documents Older Than 90 Days
  • Life Insurance Premium Paid Certificate

*If you have another type of financial document, please submit the financial documentation as requested. We will review your document and let you know if it is acceptable.


Estimated Annual Cost for International Students

Review the information below to find your estimated annual costs. These are estimates - we cannot know exactly how much you will be charged because tuition and fees change from college to college. However, these estimates will give you a good idea of how much to expect to pay at OU.

Quick links:

Graduate - Master, Doctorate (PhD), JD, or LLM majors

Graduate ProgramsTuition & Fees
PhD: Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Mgmt. (18HRS)$20,601$35,487
Master of Science in Architecture (21HRS)$23,743$38,629
Regional and City Planning (24HRS)$27,085$41,971
Landscape Architecture (28HRS)$31,541$46,427
Master of Architecture (30HRS)$33,769$48,655
Arts & Sciences (18HRS)$19,966$34,852
Atmospheric & Geographic Sci. (18HRS)$20,378$35,264
Business (18HRS, except MBA)$20,112$34,998
Master of Business Administration (32HRS)$35,262$50,148
Master of Accountancy (18HRS)$21,901$36,787
Earth & Energy, including Petroleum Engineering (18HRS)$20,468$35,354
Education (18HRS)$20,060$34,946
Engineering & Computer Science (18HRS)$20,549$35,435
International Studies (18HRS)$20,171$35,057
Journalism (18HRS)$20,887$35,763
Fine Arts (18HRS)$20,279$35,165
Art (major code M060) (30 HRS)$33,565$48,451
Energy Executive MBA$85,500 
Graduate Law Programs
Tuition & Fees
Law JD (31HRS)$31,900$46,500
LLM (24HRS)$34,800$49,400
Master of Legal Studies (18HRS)$18,700$33,300
Graduate Living Expenses
Room and Board
Books and Supplies
Medical Insurance
Misc. Expenses
Law Living Expenses
Room and Board
Books and Supplies
Medical Insurance
Misc. Expenses

** tuition, fees, living expenses

For a complete listing of individual fees, visit the Bursar Office website.

For a list of Majors by program, visit the Graduage College website.

Undergraduate - Bachelor majors

Tuition & Fees

Living Expenses


  • Housing & Meals - $12,824
  • Books - $800
  • Medical Insurance - $2,078
  • Personal Expenses - $1500

*Aviation-Flying majors (Professional Pilot and Management-Flying Option) have an estimated, additional tuition and fees cost of $12,500 per year.

*Undergraduate students in architecture, art, engineering, computer science, or petroleum engineering have an estimated, additional, one-time laptop computer expense of $2,000.

Dependent expenses

Dependent Expenses
Spouse $4,160
Child (per child)

CESL student expenses

To see the esimated costs for students attending the Center for English as a Second Language (CESL), please visit the CESL website.