Lost and Found & Bicycle Information
Lost and Found is located in the Facilities Management Customer Service area located at 160 Felgar St. If you have lost something, call (405)325-3060 to see if it has been found.
Abandoned and Illegally Parked Bicycle Information
Facilities Management is in charge of collecting and impounding bicycles on University property. According to the University of Oklahoma Parking and Traffic Regulations, bicycles can be impounded for two reasons:
- Abandonment - A bicycle is considered abandoned when it is observed to be parked in the same location for two weeks. An abandoned bicycle will be tagged, if the bicycle and tag remain affixed for more than a month it is subject to removal and impoundment.
- Illegally parked – Bicycles are only allowed to be parked and secured to bicycle racks. Any bicycle not secured in this manner can be immediately removed and impounded without prior notice.
Bicycles will be impounded throughout the year, specifically:
- Fall Semester- During the fall semester, abandoned bicycles will be tagged and removed from the housing areas. Additionally, Facility Management will do a mass roundup of abandoned bicycles. Bicycles that are suspected of being abandoned will be tagged following Thanksgiving and picked up during the second week of December.
- Spring Semester- During the spring semester, abandoned bicycles will be tagged and removed from throughout the campus. Additionally, Facility Management will do a mass roundup of abandoned bicycles. Bicycles that are suspected of being abandoned will be tagged during the first two weeks of June and picked up during the last week of June.
- Football games- During home football games, Facilities Management is tasked to impound illegally parked bicycles.
- Throughout the year- Illegally parked bicycles will be removed and impounded whenever they are called in.
If your bicycle has been impounded:
- If an impounded bicycle is registered with OU PD, the university will try to contact the registered owner.
- If the bike was impounded in Housing areas, please contact Housing at (405) 325-4867. Bikes impounded on academic campus are collected by Facilities Management at (405) 325-3060.
- In order to collect their bicycle, owners must produce evidence of ownership to the satisfaction of Facilities Management. Examples of satisfactory evidence of ownership includes but is not limited to:
(1) Providing the correct Serial Number for the bicycle.
(2) Providing the key that opens the lock attached to the bicycle.
(3) Providing an accurate description for a bicycle with unique features.
(4) Providing the day, location, make, color of the bicycle.
- Owners will not be compensated for locks, security devices, chains, or any other items necessarily damaged in order to accomplish impoundment.
- Facilities Management will retain all impounded bicycles for at least three months, at which time they can be sold or recycled at the discretion of the Facilities department.
- After three months, abandoned bicycles will be considered unclaimed. At this point, Facilities Management will donate unclaimed bicycles to charity or dispose of them.