Welcome to the University of Oklahoma Percussion Studio website, where you can find out about all things percussion at OU. We update OU Percussion news and concert dates on a regular basis, so check back regularly. If you use facebook, be sure to like our Facebook Page.
2019 OU Percussion Press Composition Contest
2020 Backstage Pass Event
Note: The Backstage Pass event originally scheduled for the April 5 concert will be rescheduled due to coronavirus. Check back later for more information.
The mission of the University of Oklahoma Percussion Studio is to serve: our students by preparing them for future endeavors through artistic training and meaningful experiences; the university by presenting performances of the highest artistic merit; and the community as musical ambassadors and advocates through off-campus collaborations, appearances, and interactions.
Percussion studies at the University of Oklahoma are designed to promote the development of the student as a passionate professional. The percussion curriculum is designed to present a sequential study of a broad spectrum of percussion instruments. Our goal is to help students become self-sufficient in performance, pedagogy, and advocacy for music and art. Musical performance skills and concepts of education will be acquired through the following:
- The development of performance techniques to meet the needs of artistic expression.
- Experience in solo, ensemble, and chamber performance.
- Participation in ensembles and classes representing a variety of styles and cultures.
- The development of sight-reading proficiency.
- Exposure to new concepts and skills from a variety of musical applications.
- Providing an environment to practice, share, grow, and connect with other musicians.
- Providing opportunities for interaction with professionals from various musical fields.