To schedule an appointment, call (405) 325-4441. Call early in the day for increased availability. In-person and telehealth appointments are available.
You will be asked to:
Select an appointment date and time (or if you prefer, the first available appointment)
Select a healthcare provider (or if you prefer, the first available healthcare provider)
Describe the reason(s) for your visit - A specific amount of time will be allotted for your appointment based on your reason(s)
Designate whether you prefer your visit to be in-person or through the Zoom telehealth platform. (You may be contacted by your provider if your choice will have to be modified to provide proper care.)
If you have an immediate need that cannot wait for an appointment, you may walk-in to the clinic.
Visitors are not allowed unless the patient is a minor child and then must be accompanied by one (1) parent or guardian.
For the safety of our patients and staff, we will be offering telehealth visits. To discuss the best option for scheduling an appointment, please call 325-4441 to speak to a medical appointment specialist. We are not able to meet with patients via telehealth if they are outside the state of Oklahoma at the time of the appointment.
What is a telehealth appointment?
Telehealth visits are online virtual visits with a health care provider either using telephone and/or digital video consultations.
Telehealth visits may be billed to your health insurance plan. If telehealth visits are not covered under your plan or if you do not have health insurance, a telehealth visit will cost no more than $30.
Faculty and Staff:
The University’s health plans will continue to cover behavioral health and medical services through telemedicine and telehealth visits. Members also have access to clinically appropriate medical and behavioral health services delivered through telemedicine. This will make it easier for members to access care while reducing their risk of exposure.
- We encourage all patients to create a HealthConnection account to access their medical information and prepare for appointments.
- You may create and access HealthConnection accounts for your dependents who are under 18 by using a different email address than the one associated with your HealthConnection account.
- You may NOT access or create accounts of your spouse or dependents who are of legal age, they must set up their own accounts. Please have them contact the clinic for assistance in accessing HealthConnection
Forms that can be filled out on HealthConnection
- New Patient Paperwork (click here for a printable packet)
- Communication Preference
- Consent for Treatment, Payment and Operations
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of NPP
- Copy of Notice of Privacy Practices
- Consent for COVID Testing
- Health History
- Patient Database
- ABO/Rh Blood Type Testing
- STI Screening Form
If you cannot access your HealthConnection account
- Ensure you are on the correct website: https://healthconnection.ou.edu/
- If you are trying to register and you receive the error that an account exists or that user information is already in use, click the Login link. Click on “Forgot Password”
- Enter your OU email, click Submit
- Check your email, you should receive an email containing your user name and a link to reset your password
- If you do not receive an email please call, (405)325-4611, press 0 for further assistance
- If you are a dependent of a student, faculty, or staff member please call (405)325-4611 and press 4, the appointment specialist will confirm your account is set up with your preferred email and can give you your University ID number so you can create your HealthConnection Account.
Please note: the same email address cannot be associated with multiple HealthConnection accounts.
To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call 325-2262 and press 1 and when prompted, leave the requested information. OU Health Services will assess a $20 fee for all missed appointments. Please cancel your appointment at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time to avoid being charged this fee.
Counseling Center Cancellations: If you need to cancel an appointment with the University Counseling Center, please call 325-2911 during regular business hours.
OUHS health care providers do not excuse patients from class or work for illness or injury. In rare instances, where a patient's future activity or class attendance may need to be limited for a medical reason, a note may be written at the discretion of the health care provider.
Patients may receive a note to verify their visit to see a health care provider. This note will provide the date of your visit and may be used to present to instructors or employers.