Changing Your Password
You can change your password the following ways:
- Go to https://account.oscer.ou.edu
- Log in with your OSCER username and password
- Click the "Change Password" link
- Enter your new password
- Click the "Change Password" button
- Log in to one of OSCER's computers. See http://ou.edu/oscer/support/machine_access for details.
- At the Unix prompt, type: passwd
Then press the Enter key.
- You'll be prompted to enter your current password. Type it and then press the Enter key.
NOTE: Nothing will appear as you type your password. This is normal.
- You'll be prompted to enter a new password. Type it and then press the Enter key.
Here are the rules for your new password:
- Length: Your new password MUST be at least 8 characters long.
- Characters: Your new password MUST be a mix of letters and digits and even punctuation (! ? . etc), and we strongly encourage you to mix upper case and lower case letters.
- No English words: Your new password CANNOT contain ANY English words, not forwards nor backwords, you can't replace an S with a 5, etc.
- Memorizable: You MUST be able to remember your new password without writing it down. If you write it down, you have to eat the piece of paper.
- You'll be prompted to enter your new password AGAIN. Type it and then press the Enter key.
NOTE: Changing your password on ANY OSCER machine will change your password on ALL OSCER machines.