Welcome to Sooner Parents!
Sooner Parents keeps you connected to campus and enhances your student's OU experience. The purpose of Sooner Parents is to:
- Provide the parents, guardians and other supporters of University of Oklahoma students an opportunity to learn more about the organization and policies of the university
- Bring about closer cooperation between students, parents, faculty, administrative officials and regents of the university
- Provide an organization through which parents may collectively organize their efforts in support of students and their educational experience
- Provide an agency through which authorities of the university may more effectively present objectives, aims and needs to the public at large
A Message from the Sooner Parents President
Welcome to the University of Oklahoma, a university with 130 years of Academic Leadership. Your student has embarked on an amazing adventure and will blaze new trails into their future. OU will provide your student with a rich sense of community that includes students, faculty, and staff.
The Sooner Parents organization offers you a unique opportunity, as OU’s official parent’s association, and is here to assist and partner with you on your family’s extraordinary journey. We offer many helpful resources for our members and their students including, among other things, the following:
- Monthly Member-only e-newletters highlighting current information
- Early Notification of Fall and Spring Parent’s weekends
- Access to purchase identified home football tickets (when an allotment is available)
- Scholarships available to students of Sooner Parents members, $20,000 allocated annually!
- Discounts at area businesses and 10% discount on clothing items at OU Bookstore
- Opportunities to volunteer
Having been born and raised a Sooner and as an alumnus of The University of Oklahoma, I am honored that all 3 of my children are currently attending or have graduated from OU. The education and unique opportunities provided by OU has given each of them a solid foundation from which to grow and succeed.
As you begin your journey as part of our Sooner family I encourage you to become a part of the Sooner Parents organization. Please contact me if I can be of any help to your family.