- BBA in MIS
- Accelerated BBA + MS-MIT
- Master of Science in MIT
- Online MS in Business Analytics
- MIS Minor
- Ph.D in MIS
- Undergraduate Certificate in Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Technologies
- Student Resources and Scholarships
- Center for MIS Studies (CMISS)
- Contact Us
Division of Management Information Systems
- Prof. Heshan Sun is appointed as a Senior Editor of the Journal of the Association of information Systems (JAIS), an A level journal of the College.
- Prof. Mathew Jensen, received a National Science Foundation research grant for the project titled, "EAGER: Opinion Spam in Digital Rulemaking: Techniques, Effects, and Interventions.
- Professor Heshan Sun, Ph.D. was awarded the Richard Van Horn Professorship in IT and Analytics for outstanding scholarship and contributions to MIS.
- The MIS division had a record number of 115 undergraduate and graduate students earn their degrees and certificates at the 2022 Spring Convocation. Accelerated program student, Devin Staton, was the flag-bearer for the Division.
- The MIS graduate program was again ranked in the top 25 Business Analytics programs in the nation by TFE times.
- The MIS undergraduate program was ranked in the top 20 in 2022 Best Management Information Systems Schools by College Factual.
The MIS division includes a vibrant group of faculty, staff and students, collaborating to develop student skills, research and advance knowledge on information technologies for organizational use. Since its inception in 1995, the division has grown and thrived as a place for high quality information technology education and research.
Some of our division highlights include the following:
- An MIS undergraduate program with a history of excellent placement record, high starting salaries for students, and ranked as No 1 among Bachelor’s Degrees in MIS in 2021 by Best Value Schools.
- A nationally ranked graduate program with emphasis in Business Analytics and a doctoral program with a good placement record.
- World-renowned faculty, who have earned teaching and research awards, serve on major MIS journal editorial boards, and obtain externally funded grants. See recent publications.
- Scholarships are awarded every year to meritorious students. In 2021, based on generous donations of MIS alumni and corporate donors, such as American Fidelity, ConocoPhillips, Hobby Lobby, Love’s, One Gas, OneOK, Opportune, Paycom, Pioneer Natural Resources, Valero, Williams, and others, over 50 students received scholarships ranging from $1000 to $5000
- An active industry-academia partnership through the Center for MIS Studies, Member companies collaborate with faculty, support student recruiting and development. Please see some of our member companies at: http://www.ou.edu/price/mis/cmiss/membership
- MIS student association is an active social and study group that is also a student chapter of the Association of Information Systems.
- Programs and faculty have been nationally ranked with the Graduate program currently ranked in the Top 25 graduate programs in Business Data Analytics in the country, by The Financial Engineer Times (TFE), and the MIS undergraduate programs have been ranked among the Top 20 programs in the nation by US News and World Report.