Division of Management Information Systems
The division of Management Informaton Systems has an opening for a Lecturer/Instructor position.
- MIS Division’s undergraduate degree earned the No 1 spot in the Top 15 Bachelor’s Degrees in Management Information Systems Degree in 2021 by Best Value Schools (https://www.bestvalueschools.org/management-information-systems-degree/)
- The graduate program in Business Analytics is rated in the top 25 Master’s of Business Analytics program in 2021 by TFE times https://tfetimes.com/best-business-analytics-program-rankings
- Faculty research based on Per Capita Productivity in leading journals covered by University of Texas, Dallas, Business School Research Ranking features MIS division in the ranking in top 25 nationally and top 30 globally. https://www.colorado.edu/business/faculty-research/faculty-research-rankings/information-systems-utd-rankings-capita
- MIS faculty, Dr. Alexandra Durcikova, wins the OU Mertes Presidential Professorship Award for her extraordinary and multifaceted contributions to OU and Dr. Matt Jensen wins the Price College Hackler Teaching award for Outstanding Teaching.
- Doctoral student, Pascal Nitiema, wins the University of Oklahoma Bullard Dissertation Competition Fellowship for 2021-22. Doctoral student, Qidi (Andy) Xing, wins the Price College Graduate student teaching award and the University of Oklahoma Provost's Certificate of Distinction in Teaching for Outstanding Graduate Assistant.
- Accelerated MIS+MIT student Zareen Khan won the OU Campus Life Award presented to 30 Juniors and Seniors, who have excelled in areas of scholarship, character, leadership, and service to the University of Oklahoma Community.
The MIS division includes a vibrant group of faculty, staff and students, collaborating to develop student skills, research and advance knowledge on information technologies for organizational use. Since its inception in 1995, the division has grown and thrived as a place for high quality information technology education and research.
Some of our division highlights include the following:
- An MIS undergraduate program with a history of excellent placement record, high starting salaries for students, and ranked as No 1 among Bachelor’s Degrees in MIS in 2021 by Best Value Schools.
- A nationally ranked graduate program with emphasis in Business Analytics and a doctoral program with a good placement record.
- World-renowned faculty, who have earned teaching and research awards, serve on major MIS journal editorial boards, and obtain externally funded grants. See recent publications.
- Scholarships are awarded every year to meritorious students based on generous donations by our corporate partners and MIS alumni. In 2020, $100000 in scholarship money were awarded to 75 students with each individual scholarship ranging from $1000 to $5000.
- An active industry-academia partnership through the Center for MIS Studies, Member companies collaborate with faculty, support student recruiting and development. Please see some of our member companies at: http://www.ou.edu/price/mis/cmiss/membership
- MIS student association is an active social and study group that is also a student chapter of the Association of Information Systems.
- Programs and faculty have been nationally ranked with the Graduate program currently ranked in the Top 25 graduate programs in Business Data Analytics in the country, by The Financial Engineer Times (TFE), and the MIS undergraduate programs have been ranked among the Top 20 programs in the nation by US News and World Report.