IT Services for Students
The Center for Economic and Management Research provides technical support for the academic, research and administrative operations of Price College. The Center is responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the technology initiatives necessary to provide the college with a comprehensive and secure IT infrastructure, a dependable computing environment and delivery of essential help-desk services for faculty and staff.
The technical support provided to the college can be broken down into the following principal service categories:
PCB IT provides technical support for personal computer hardware for all Price College computer labs, classrooms, and faculty and staff personal workstations.
- Consultation and system specification recommendations for system configuration
- Acquisition and installation of computer systems and components
- Price College network connection configurations
- Printer configurations and maintenance
- Computer upgrades
- Installation of peripherals including web cams, scanners, external hard drives, and external CD/DVD drives
- Installation of digital camera software and setup of USB cameras
The PCB Network offers several centrally-maintained file storage locations to provide:
- Temporary and permanent file storage
- Document management
- Increased data security
- Automated back-ups and file recovery
- Remote access of data files
- File sharing across the network
All faculty and staff have the following drive mappings on their personal computer. Some Price College faculty have rights granting them access to other central file resources. If your access to shared files is not what it was or needs to be then contact Shawn Lam at email@example.com.
Faculty conducted research often necessitates the design,development and implementation of customized data gathering. The PCB IT programmers offer support to the Price College faculty in their research efforts by:
- Development of customized database applications
- Designing custom user interface
- Constructing online survey instruments
If you have such a project in which you think CEMR programmers can assist you, please contact Shawn Lam at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5-888.
PCB IT has developed a standardized software installation for faculty and staff personal computers. Support for these software applications includes installation, configuration, and troubleshooting by the Price College IT team.
The Price College web is often the first contact point for prospective students and is a highly visible information conduit to alumni and the general public.
All development, enhancement, and maintenance for the Price College web site are performed by the PCB IT.
Our staff aims to:
- Design, enhance, implement and maintain web content, interface and multimedia applications
- Design, construct and implement web database applications in support of Price College requirement
- Ensure Price College web compliance with University of Oklahoma web policies