Skip Navigation

Transferring Credit

Transferring Credit

Long, crimson divider

Transfer Equivalencies

Need help figuring out which courses will transfer and apply towards an OU degree? Check out our transfer equivalencies

Prior Learning

Check out the different prior learning assessment credit options and what undergraduate credit you may receive for these examinations.

Transfer Credit FAQ

Visit our Transfer Credit FAQ to find answers regarding your transfer credit questions.

International Transfer Credit

Additional information for students who have earned transfer credit abroad

Reverse Transfer

Reverse transfer provides the opportunity to transfer university coursework back to the 2-year institution for the purpose of earning an Associate’s degree.

Transfer Student Sucesss

The Transfer Student Success center is a central hub for all transfer students and their respective institutions to quickly find information and answers.

Transfer credit earned by students at institutions accredited by the HLC or the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education will be accepted for transfer at face value. Credits earned at institutions accredited by organizations other than the HLC and recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis and may be accepted for transfer if the course is determined to be substantially equivalent to a University of Oklahoma course or courses.

Use the following link from the Department of Education to search a specific school's accreditation information:

Institutional Accreditors

As another resource we can use the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) website, specifically the section that relates to Transfer Credit Practices of Selected Educational Institutions (TCP). 

If you need to send in a transcript from another university, please have the institution send an official electronic transcript to on your behalf or you can drop off a sealed official copy to Buchanan Hall (1000 Asp Ave), on the 3rd floor in the TE drop box outside of Room 330. If you have specific questions about transferring credit to OU, please call 405-325-0514 or email

You can also mail in official transfer transcripts to:

Transcript Evaluation
1000 Asp Ave - Room 330
Norman, OK 73019