The Transcript Evaluation Office is an office within the Academic Records area under the Registrar’s Office.
TE evaluates all incoming transfer credit from other institutions as well as Prior Learning Assessment credits that need to be added to students’ OU records upon transfer to OU for both domestic and international undergraduate students.
Students who transfer to OU to complete their bachelor’s degree may transfer credits from other institutions. Below is the typical process for evaluating a student’s coursework before admission:
1. The application and transcripts are received by OU Admissions and Recruitment
2. Transcripts are referred to the TE office for processing
3. Credit is awarded based on established course equivalencies from OU Transfer Equivalencies database
6. If approved, the department will submit a course equivalency form and submit it to the TE office to be addedd to our TE database.
5. Students may try to have elective credit reviewed for a direct equivalency by submitting a syllabus to the OU department teaching the course in question.
4. Credit is awarded based on established course equivalencies from OU Transfer Equivalencies database.
Send an e-mail to the TE Team at email@example.com and ask us to look at the course. Include the following information in your e-mail: Full name of the institution, city, and state where you are taking the course, department abbreviation, course number and title of the course.
TE will do an initial evaluation of the course. If we can’t find an equivalency, we will ask you to send a syllabus to the OU department that teaches the course you are trying to get evaluated.
Send an e-mail attachment of your schedule to the TE Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The schedule must include the following information: Student’s name, full name of the institution, city, and state where you are taking the course, department abbreviation, course number, title of the course and the amount of credits you are taking.
OU does not accept any Associate Degrees from out of state schools.
Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees earned in the state of Oklahoma will transfer to OU. Lower division general education coursework is considered satisfied. Check with your advisor for specific general education requirements needed for your major.