Skip Navigation

Certifications & Verifications

Certifications & Verifications

Long, crimson divider

Current & Former Students

Students are frequently required to obtain enrollment verifications for governmental or private agencies, for student loan deferments, insurance companies, the Veterans Administration, or other agencies.

Current OU students can obtain enrollment verifications through the Enrollment Verification link in or you can visit the Office of the Registrar, Buchanan Hall, 1000 Asp Ave., Room 230, Norman, OK 73019-4076.

Many entities require verification of "full-time" or "half-time" status. For undergraduate or non-degree students, full-time status is defined as 12 or more credits per semester, half-time status is 6 to 11 credits per semester.

For graduate students, full-time status is defined as 9 or more credits per semester, half-time status is 5-8 credits per semester.

Students utilizing Veterans' Benefits should research information provided by Veterans Affairs for other enrollment verification requirements.

Audit registration and enrollment in correspondence courses cannot be counted for certification purposes.

Former Students, Employers & Third-Party Entities

The University of Oklahoma has contracted and authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. 

If you are requesting an enrollment verification from the Clearinghouse for a term that has not yet begun, please request this verification once the semester begins or stop by the Enrollment Services office to retrieve your future term verification from our staff. 

The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:


National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd #220
Herndon, VA 20171

Good Academic Standing Letters & Transient Letters for Undergraduate Students

For most purposes, the official transcript provides the best documentation of academic standing at the University of Oklahoma. If a student needs additional proof of good academic standing, an official letter can be provided as verification that a currently enrolled student meets the definition of “good academic standing” provided by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE). To receive a certification of good academic standing at OU, an undergraduate student must meet the retention requirements set forth in OSHRE policy 3.9.8:

Minimum Cumulative Retention GPACredit Hours Attempted
1.70 through 30
2.0More than 30

These standards are university-wide minimums. Individual colleges and programs may establish higher standards for retention and good academic standing.

Good academic standing letters display the student’s name, ID #, current enrollment status, the university’s official seal, and signature of the University Registrar. The letter includes the following statement: "This student is in good academic standing as of the date of this certification,". If additional information is needed for transient letters such as approval to enroll in specific course(s) or degree applicability of transfer courses, individuals should contact their degree granting college academic advising office to confirm applicability before requesting a transient form from the Office of the Registrar.

You may choose from the following options to request a Good Academic Standing Letter:

  1. Fill out the Request for Verification form (pdf)
  2. If you have a specific form, please come into the office

Letters of Non-Attendance

If you were admitted to the University of Oklahoma, but later decided not to attend. Or enrolled but later dropped or withdrew from your classes before the semester ended and your next institution is requesting a letter of non-attendance.

Please email with your name, ID# (if you remember it), and date of birth.

Student Loan Deferment

For enrollment verification to lenders, The University of Oklahoma participates in the National Student Clearinghouse. The University submits a report of students’ enrollment status to the Clearinghouse at the end of each month during the semester which, in turn, supplies verification of enrollment to lending agencies. The University of Oklahoma does not supply this information directly to lending agencies. If a student has registered late or has had an exception processed to the term registration, this information may not be reported until the submission of the next file. Alternatively, students are free to generate a current enrollment verifications in ONE and send it directly to their lender. 

Student-Athlete Academic Eligibility Certification

The Office of the Registrar is the certifying agent for reporting the academic eligibility status of University student-athletes to the Big XII Conference and the NCAA. The office has continued to work with the degree granting college offices, the athletic academics office, and the athletic compliance office to develop a comprehensive process for the review of student-athletes’ academic performance and the application of appropriate University, Big XII, and NCAA rules.