Norman Campus-Wide Research and Creative Activity Awards
A. Team/Individual Awards
- A1. Award for Excellence in Transdisciplinary, Convergent Research
- A2. Annual Award for Excellence in Research Grants
B. Individual Awards
- B1. Award for Excellence in Research in the Social Sciences
- B2. Award for Excellence in Research, Design, and Creative Expression in the Humanities and the Fine Arts
- B3. Award for Excellence in Research in the Natural Sciences
- B4. Award for Excellence in Applied Research and Engineering
Strategic Equipment Investment Program
The Strategic Equipment Investment Program (SEIP) is a new program being administered by the Office of the Vice President for Research and Partnerships. Awards from the SEIP can be used to support the purchase of all types of equipment, ranging from scientific to creative arts. The SEIP provides funding on a competitive basis for the purchase of truly strategic equipment that will have significant impact in enhancing a team’s capabilities and competitiveness at a national level. The expectation is that acquiring the proposed equipment will provide new opportunities for advancing the team’s ability to achieve new goals in terms of creativity, discovery, innovation, and competitiveness in securing external funding.
Social Sciences, Humanities, & Arts (SSHA) Seed Grant Program
The Social Sciences, Humanities, & Arts (SSHA) seed grants program is administered by the Office of the Vice President for Research and Partnerships. The aim of this new program is to enhance research and creative endeavors for faculty in non-STEM fields at OU. Recipients of this funding commit to developing their project to a stage of impactful publication, or other forms of significant recognition for research and creative activity (such as performances, exhibits, digital media, and/or community-based research). SSHA recipients also commit to developing their project for major grant and fellowship applications within two years of the seed funding’s conclusion.