Skip Navigation

International Students

Skip Side Navigation

International Student Services

OU-Tulsa has several degree options available to international students.  If you are interested in one of our degree programs, please contact our recruitment staff at

OU hosts two principal student visa programs: F-1 and J-1. F-1 and J-1 visas are issued by US consulates to qualifying students pursuing a course of study in the US. F-1 visas are issued to students whose primary source of funding is personal or family funds. At OU, these are often long-term, degree seeking students. J-1 visas may be issued to students whose primary source of funding is a third party, such as a university, a corporation, a non-profit organization, or government.

Due the evolution of international student programs at OU, the F-1 and J-1 programs are handled separately. F-1 students at the Norman and Tulsa campuses are supported by OU ISS on the Norman campus. F-1 students at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) are supported by the OUHSC. The OUHSC is a separate campus for F-1 immigration purposes. All OU J-1 students are supported by OU ISS on the Norman campus. Tulsa, OUHSC, and Norman are all the same campus for J-1 immigration purposes.


OU-Tulsa does not offer tax preparation assistance, but International Students may visit the ISS website for information on how to obtain assistance through a free on-line service through CINTAX. 

ISS Tax preparation information


Tracy Parks
Phone: 918-660-3474


Forms for international students in programs through Arts & Sciences, Engineering, Education or Architecture may be found on the ISS forms page.

Forms for International Students in health sciences programs may be found on the ISS site for the Health Sciences Center


All international students are encouraged to visit the International Student Webpage for more information.