OU-Tulsa Fitness Center
Access Controlled by Appointment Only - Masks Must Be Worn At All Times
OU-Tulsa Fitness Center Re-opening Procedures - Fall 2020
The OU-Tulsa Fitness Center is re-opening in a limited capacity on Monday, August 31st, 2020, and modified the access plan effective January 1, 2021. To ensure the safety of everyone involved, the following procedures have been implemented: Click here to schedule appointments.
- Open hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 7pm & Saturdays, 10am - 2pm.
- Two users will be allowed in the gym at a time.
- If you do not have have FItness Center Waiver on file, please click here. It must be submitted prior to working out in the facility.
- Access is granted appointment only.
- Same day appointments for previously unscheduled slots may be available but are not guaranteed. To inquire, please call 918-660-3108. Calling is the only way to procure a same-day appointment. The most effective method to ensure access is to schedule an appointment in advance using the link above.
- Appointment duration is now 1 hour.
- There is a limit of one appointment per day per person.
- Cancellations are required if a user will not make their scheduled appointment. To cancel, call 918-660-3108 or via the booking software through your email confirmation.
- Users will be verbally screened by staff at the beginning of each appointment.
- A mask must be worn at all times.
- Users must thoroughly sanitize equipment using the provided cleaning supplies after each use.
- Failure to comply with these procedures and / or disrespectful interaction with facility staff may result in suspended access, student code conduct charges, supervisor notification, or other corrective action.
- These procedures are intended to promote a safe, gradual re-opening of the OU-Tulsa Fitness Center. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.
- The campus community will be surveyed to gather important feedback necessary to determine future adjustments to facility access and policies.
All OU-Tulsa students, faculty, and staff must have a Current Fitness Center Waiver on file with OU-Tulsa Student Affairs, as well as a valid OU-Tulsa Sooner Card ID to access the Fitness Center.
For questions or concerns please contact OU-Tulsa Student Affairs at 918-660-3100 or TulsaSA@ou.edu, or stop by our office in the Founders Student Center (room 1C76).
Frequently Asked Questions
Any OU-Tulsa student, staff member, paid faculty (full or part-time), or medical resident can use the OU-Tulsa Fitness Center; members of each of these groups MUST have a current waiver on file with OU-Tulsa Student Affairs, room 1C76, and have a valid Sooner ID card.
For liability reasons, the OU-Tulsa Fitness Center is NOT open to family members, friends or guests. If you are found to be providing such access to non-OU affiliates, your access to the facility will be terminated.
Due to the ongoing pandemic to ensure the safety of all users and staff the Fitness Center is only avaiable by scheduling an appointment during the open hours listed above.
The fitness center houses numerous resistance machines, cardiovascular machines, and free weight options. Additionally, there is an enclosed space dedicated for private workouts, viewing fitness videos, and our sanctionied fitness classes.
Showers and a limited number of lockers are available in the restrooms just outside the facility by the south entrance to the main administration building. You are responsible for bringing your own towels, if needed. Please feel free to padlock the lockers during your workout, but these must be removed when you leave each day. Any locks left overnight will be cut by the OU-Tulsa Operations department for campus security purposes.
The fitness center is available free of charge to authorized users (as described above).
Please discontinue use of the machine and report the problem to OU-Tulsa Student Affairs (or the Police/Security desk when Student Affairs is closed). We will place an “Out of Order” sign on the equipment, and have the equpment repaired as soon as possible.
Users must wear appropriate clothing and closed-toe athletic shoes.
If you knowingly provide access to an individual that does not have authorized access (with their own OU Sooner Card ID, your fitness center priviliges will be revoked.
Misuse of equipment could result in loss of fitness center privileges.
As a courtesy to others, each user is expected to wipe down, clean and/or dry equipment after using it. Paper towels and spray cleaner are provided for your convenience.