OU-Tulsa Fitness Center
For the most current COVID-19 information for the OU-Tulsa campus, please visit our OU-Tulsa COVID-19 website.
All OU-Tulsa students, faculty, and staff must have a Current Fitness Center Waiver on file with OU-Tulsa Student Affairs, as well as a valid OU-Tulsa Sooner Card ID to access the Fitness Center.
Temporary Hours & Procedures
Monday - Friday
- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Please visit OU-Tulsa Student Affairs (located adjacted to the Fitness Center in the FSC lounge).
- One of our staff members will confirm a current waiver is on file and let you into the facility.
- 9:00 am - 5:00 PM
- Our Student Assistant will ask you to complete one of our current Fitness Center Waivers.
- Access will return to the same system as before, 24/7, once the access card system is relocated by the Norman campus SoonerCard team in the coming weeks.
For questions or concerns please contact OU-Tulsa Student Affairs at 918-660-3100 or TulsaSA@ou.edu, or stop by our office in the Founders Student Center (room 1C76).
We Have Moved
The Fitness Center is now housed in a new location within the Founders Student Center!
Please Pardon Our Continued Progress
- TVs on existing cardio equipment will be connected to cable in the coming weeks. We’ll make repairs to the TV devices as needed, and hope to expand the number of units with TVs installed on the machine.
- An adjustable TV with a sound bar will be installed on a rotating drop-down mount from the ceiling in the NE corner of the new space. As was the case in the previous facility, this TV will also be connected to cable TV.
- Privacy frosting for interior windows:
- Frosting has been ordered to provide increased privacy between the new Fitness Center and the FSC Game Room. The material is on backorder, but we hope to have it within the next couple months.
- Mirrors will be installed on about 2/3 of the east wall are in production by Robinson Glass and should be installed in the next few weeks, focusing on the free weights area.
- Blinds for south-facing external windows:
- New blinds for the external windows to modernize the look and make it more appropriate for a fitness facility are being considered
- Repairs to existing equipment (cardio and resistance machines) will take place in the next couple weeks.
- Replacement machines and/or upgrades will be ordered as funding allows and such is needed.
- The Smith machine (squat/bench press unit) will be replaced sometime this semester.
- While at this time we cannot further expand equipment offerings, we will consider student/employee feedback as such funds and spacing allow.
Group Fitness Room Delay
Our original flooring selection for this room has transitioned from backordered to discontinued, so we are actively considering different flooring options. Once we can get new flooring installed and when COVID allows, we look forward to hosting an expanded offering of group fitness classes in this larger space.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any OU-Tulsa student, staff member, paid faculty (full or part-time), or medical resident can use the OU-Tulsa Fitness Center; members of each of these groups MUST have a current waiver on file with OU-Tulsa Student Affairs, room 1C76, and have a valid Sooner ID card.
For liability reasons, the OU-Tulsa Fitness Center is NOT open to family members, friends or guests. If you are found to be providing such access to non-OU affiliates, your access to the facility will be terminated.
By filling out a waiver and obtaining a Sooner Card.
The fitness center houses numerous resistance machines, cardiovascular machines, and free weight options. Additionally, there is an enclosed space dedicated for private workouts, viewing fitness videos, and our sanctionied fitness classes.
Showers and a limited number of lockers are available in the restrooms just outside the facility by the south entrance to the main administration building. You are responsible for bringing your own towels, if needed. Please feel free to padlock the lockers during your workout, but these must be removed when you leave each day. Any locks left overnight will be cut by the OU-Tulsa Operations department for campus security purposes.
The fitness center is available free of charge to authorized users (as described above).
Please discontinue use of the machine and report the problem to OU-Tulsa Student Affairs (or the Police/Security desk when Student Affairs is closed). We will place an “Out of Order” sign on the equipment, and have the equpment repaired as soon as possible.
Users must wear appropriate clothing and closed-toe athletic shoes.
If you knowingly provide access to an individual that does not have authorized access (with their own OU Sooner Card ID, your fitness center priviliges will be revoked.
Misuse of equipment could result in loss of fitness center privileges.
As a courtesy to others, each user is expected to wipe down, clean and/or dry equipment after using it. Paper towels and spray cleaner are provided for your convenience.