Chemical, Biological & Materials Engineering
Chemical, Biological and Materials Engineering is a dynamic discipline. Among the drivers of change in chemical engineering are the rapid developments in renewable energy. A degree in CBME, whether at the undergraduate or graduate level, affords our students many opportunities. You will find our professors highly qualified and our staff committed to providing you with the best as you focus on your educational pursuit.
- John Alexander Zapata Hincapie is the winner of the Perkin-Elmer Scholarship given by the Composites Division for the Society of Plastics Engtneers. His award was presented at the Annual Technical Meeting (ANTEC) held in Orlando, FL. Alex also has the distinction of currently being the number 2 rated chess player in Oklahoma.
- Six outstanding mentors from the Norman area – including four from OU mentoring programs – were recently honored by our foundation’s Boren Mentoring Initiative as part of Oklahoma Mentor Day. Our very own Aaron Simmons was honored. Press Release (PDF)
- A link to an interview on Fox News with Isaac Hill, CBME junior, about the SAE racial video. A really excellent representation of OU and CBME.
- A Tribute to the FACULTY. Congratulations to our very own talented faculty.
- The President’s Distinguished Faculty Mentoring Program Outstanding Mentor Award goes to Dr. Brian Grady.
- Patent and Inventor Awards go to Dr. Roger Harrison and Dr. Daniel Resasco.
- The National Academy of Inventors Award goes to Jeffrey Harwell.
- CBME has two former undergraduates who were awarded prestigious National Science Foundation fellowships: Devin Griffith who is currently working towards a PhD at Carnegie-Mellon University, and Michael Zachar, who is currently working towards a PhD at the University of Minnesota. Congratulations!