Chemical, Biological & Materials Engineering
Chemical, Biological and Materials Engineering is a dynamic discipline. A degree in CBME, whether at the undergraduate or graduate level, affords our students many opportunities. You will find our professors highly qualified and our staff committed to providing you with the best as you focus on your educational pursuit.
- University of Oklahoma President David L. Boren today announced more than $30 million in gifts from Janet and Jim Gallogly of Houston and Peggy and Charles Stephenson of Tulsa and the Stephenson Family Foundation.
- Gallogly’s gift will also renovate one of the most important laboratories in the college, the 1,800-square-foot Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Laboratory, which is used for two vitally important practice courses required for all chemical engineering majors. In the Unit Operations Lab course students in their junior year gain hands-on experience with many functions typical of the chemical process industry, including unit operations and measurements. The Chemical Engineering Design Lab course affords students in their senior year opportunities to conduct more complex experiments for large-scale design projects. The lab is also frequently used for demonstrations, engineering camps and outreach activities involving K-12 students and their families.
- Ulli Nollert received the prestigious Brandon H. Griffith award at the annual E-Week Banquet at the University of Oklahoma. This Engineering college-wide award was established in 1969 in honor of Professor Brandon H. Griffith to recognize excellence in teaching and extraordinary support for students.
- Daniel Resasco Named Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors 2015
- John Alexander Zapata Hincapie is the winner of the Perkin-Elmer Scholarship given by the Composites Division for the Society of Plastics Engtneers. His award was presented at the Annual Technical Meeting (ANTEC) held in Orlando, FL. "Click here for photo" - The person on the left if Dr. Kevin Menard of Perkin-Elmer and the person in the middle is Dr. Dale Grove, Awards Chair of the Composite Division of the Society of Plastics Engineers. Alex also has the distinction of currently being the number 2 rated chess player in Oklahoma.
- Six outstanding mentors from the Norman area – including four from OU mentoring programs – were recently honored by our foundation’s Boren Mentoring Initiative as part of Oklahoma Mentor Day. Our very own Aaron Simmons was honored.
- A link to an interview on Fox News with Isaac Hill, CBME junior, about the SAE racial video. A really excellent representation of OU and CBME.
- A Tribute to the FACULTY. Congratulations to our very own talented faculty.The President’s Distinguished Faculty Mentoring Program Outstanding Mentor Award goes to Dr. Brian Grady.
- Patent and Inventor Awards go to Dr. Roger Harrison and Dr. Daniel Resasco.
- The National Academy of Inventors Award goes to Jeffrey Harwell.
- CBME has two former undergraduates who were awarded prestigious National Science Foundation fellowships: Devin Griffith who is currently working towards a PhD at Carnegie-Mellon University, and Michael Zachar, who is currently working towards a PhD at the University of Minnesota. Congratulations!