Office of Export Controls (OEC)
Welcome to the University of Oklahoma's Export Control Website! This site will help the OU community recognize export control issues and when to contact the Office of Export Controls.
It is the policy of the University of Oklahoma to fully comply with all applicable federal statutes, executive orders, regulations, and contractual requirements for the safeguarding of export controlled information in its possession. This includes full and total compliance with export controls and the export, transfer, or release of controlled technology. Under no circumstances shall employees or other persons acting on behalf of OU engage in activities in contravention of U.S. export control laws.
Contact the OEC prior to:
- Shipping items internationally
- Traveling internationally with OU equipment
- Becoming a party to a Confidentiality Agreement or Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Collaborating with a researcher or institution outside of the U.S.
- Accepting any restrictions on your research (including but not limited to publication or dissemination restrictions, limitations on project participants, i.e. 'all project participants must be U.S. citizens', or 'foreign national involvement may require screening and approval'
- Self-imposing any restrictions on your research (deciding to treat research as proprietary, or deciding to limit project participants without being required to do so)
- Accessing, purchasing, or otherwise receiving defense articles
- Engaging in research related to chem/bio weapons, missiles, or encryption
Complete the Export Control Decision Wizard for a better understanding of how export controls may impact your activity!