Office of Export Control (OEC)
Welcome to the University of Oklahoma's Export Control Website! This site will help the OU community recognize export control issues and when to contact the Office of Export Controls
Contact the OEC prior to:
- Shipping items internationally
- Traveling internationally with OU equipment
- Becoming a party to a Confidentiality Agreement or Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Collaborating with a researcher or institution outside of the U.S.
- Accepting any restrictions on your research (including but not limited to publication or dissemination restrictions, limitations on project participants, i.e. 'all project participants must be U.S. citizens', or 'foreign national involvement may require screening and approval'
- Self-imposing any restrictions on your research (deciding to treat research as proprietary, or deciding to limit project participants without being required to do so)
- Accessing, purchasing, or otherwise receiving defense articles
- Engaging in research related to chem/bio weapons, missiles, or encryption