New Year, New You
OU offers several ways for employees to meet those new resolutions. Whether you want to start on a new degree, a new fitness routine or get your affairs in order, we can help.
Five things to know about employee resources at OU:
1. OU Wellness
#LiveYourBestLife by taking advantage of the many free services on all three campuses. In addition to a personal portal for wellness, they provide programming throughout the year to help you focus on your emotional, environmental, intellectual, financial, social, spiritual, occupational and physical fitness.
Visit ou.edu/wellness for more information.
2. Employee Assistance Program
The EAP provides professional and confidential help to faculty, staff and family members facing challenges. Programming is available at Norman and HSC, and include counseling sessions, legal and financial consultation and more, many at no additional cost to the employee. For HSC benefits, visit this webpage. For Norman benefits, visit this webpage.
3. Paying for College
The University of Oklahoma offers tuition benefits to its full-time employees for classes taken at the University of Oklahoma. This program is available at all three campuses.
- Full-time employees enrolling in regular coursework receive a tuition benefit that waives one half of tuition and several fees for up to 6 hours per semester or 3 hours per summer session.
- Full-time employees may enroll in 1 course (up to 5 hours) per semester during working hours. Additional enrollment outside of working hours has no enrollment limitations except where enrollment hours are generally limited in individual colleges. Coursework cannot interfere with work responsibilities.
- To receive the tuition benefit, special permission should be obtained from your supervisor and department head. Read Section 4.5 of the Staff Handbook for details.
- Arrangements may be required to make up work from time spent in class. Check with your supervisor.
4. Fitness Centers
- Sarkeys Fitness Center Memberships – employees at the Norman campus may purchase by the semester or by the year. Annual rates are at approximately $10 a month, and include entry into the Sarkeys Fitness Center, Murray Case Sells Swim Complex, classes and a locker. Visit ou.edu/far for more information.
- University Health Club Memberships – employees at the Health Sciences Center may purchase memberships at the University Health Club, located in building 865 on Research Parkway. Membership includes 24-hour access, WiFi access, fitness classes and a locker. Call (405) 271-1650 for more information.
- OU-Tulsa Fitness Center – employees with a current fitness center waiver on file with Student Affairs may access the fitness center 24 hours a day, seven days a week with their Sooner ID card. Lockers are available for use during your workout, but locks must be removed each day.
5. Athletic Event Tickets
All Sports season tickets may be purchased by benefits-eligible employees with a .5 FTE or more. Passes allow entrance for two adults to women’s basketball, men’s and women’s gymnastics, baseball, softball, wrestling, soccer and volleyball and men’s basketball home non-conference games. Cost is only $100 for FY2019. The pass is good for general admission seating. Free regular season admission is available for cross country, men’s and women’s golf, rowing, men’s and women’s tennis and track and field. For more information, call (405) 325-2424 or visit soonersports.com.