About Sooner Works
The University of Oklahoma’s Sooner Works is a comprehensive integrated program for students with an intellectual or developmental disability who desire a postsecondary experience on a college campus. Sooner Works started the fall of 2019. The program is a four-year certificate program offering a college experience to prepare participants for competitive employment and independent living through a combination of coursework and career exploration. Students in Sooner Works live on campus and take traditional university courses in conjunction with courses specific to Sooner Works. In addition, students will participate in internships and social organizations on the beautiful University of Oklahoma campus.
- Basic functional understanding of literacy (writing/composition) and reading skills
- Basic mathematics understanding and ability to use a calculator
- Ability to function independently for a sustained period of time
- No severe behavior or emotional problems
- Can handle and adapt to change; is not overly stressed when things change
- Potential to be successful in competitive employment situations
- Desire and motivation to complete a postsecondary program
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program
Who Should Go To College Video
Sooner Works Applications
Our 2022-2023 application will be released on October, 15 2022.
Applications will be due February 1, 2023.
Early admissions considerations are December 1, 2022.
Learn more about Sooner Works programming at our Sooner Works Student and Family Informational Meetings. A Q&A session will also be provided at each session.
Sunday, October 2nd 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Thursday, October 27th 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Sunday, November 13th 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Sunday, December 4th 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Sooner Works Donations
Currently, Sooner Works is completely funded through program fees paid by participants. Our plan is to grow this program slowly and organically. However, we can reach more students with your help! If you are interested in contributing to Sooner Works, please use the following link to donate. All Donations will go to program growth/Scholarships for students and are tax-deductible.
Sooner Works Contact Information