- Provide a “front door” and clearing house for those interested in Native initiatives at OU.
- House Native American Studies (BA, MA).
- Provide nationally known guest speakers, governance workshops, and applicable curriculum for faculty, students, and tribal nations.
- House a research and policy center with full-time research faculty (non-advocacy, applied research).
- Provide research opportunities for OU, Oklahoma, national and international scholars.
- Provide significant opportunities for undergraduate and graduate student recruitment and retention.
- Provide a gathering place and educational leadership programming for Native students.
- Elevate and institutionalize OU’s existing relationships with tribal nations.
- Make OU the “hub” of related Native American activities in the state.