Phase 1 of the OU First-Year Housing Master Plan includes the construction of two new residence halls, the North building and the South building, on the site of the old Adams Center residence hall.
- Phase 1 will provide 1,150 beds for first-year students
- Demolition of Adams Center will begin in May following the end of the spring 2023 semester
- Construction of the North building will begin summer 2023 with a planned opening in fall 2025
- Construction of the South building will begin in 2024 with a planned opening in fall 2026
- The new residence halls have been designed with a small community atmosphere in mind
View a time lapse of the Adams Center demolition using the links below