Students who are interested in applying for Sooner Discovery must also apply for Concurrent Enrollment at OU. These are two separate programs but can be applied for at the same time.
Who is Eligible for Sooner Discovery?
Students who have finished their sophomore or junior year are able to attend Sooner Discovery as long as they meet the requirements below to be admitted to OU Concurrent Enrollment.
|Admission:||20 ACT or 1020 SAT and High School GPA 3.0|
- *Students must have a 19 ACT in the subject area in which they wish to enroll. For subjects other than math, english or science, they must have a 19 in the reading portion. For the SAT, students must have a 510 Evidence based reading and writing to take any subject other than math or science.
- **If students don't have a ACT or SAT score, you can qualify for option 1 or 2 with a PSAT or Pre-ACT score.
- Student must have a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA in order to be eligible.
- Home schooled students and students from unaccredited high schools shall have completed enough high school coursework to be equivalent to an individual who is classified as a junior or senior at an accredited high school.
- Option 2 is not available to home school or unaccredited high school students.
- You must be eligible to complete requirements for graduation from high school no later than spring of your senior year.
Resident high school seniors are also eligible for a tuition waiver through the state of Oklahoma for up to 6 credit hours per semester or summer session. Learn more here.
Step-By-Step Application Process
1. Apply here and submit an online application for admission by May 1, 2023!
- Click 'Create an account' under 'First-time users'
- Check your email for your temporary PIN
- Click 'Activate your account' in your email
- Create new password
- Click 'Start New Application'
- Select 'Concurrent Enrollment Application 2022'
- Select 'Summer 2022'
- Select 'yes' to Sooner Discovery
2. Send important documents to OU. Before your application can be reviewed, OU must receive the following items. Please mail or drop off these materials to the Office of Admissions (address below) once the online application is submitted:
- Completed Concurrent Enrollment Recommendation Form signed by your principal, high school counselor, and one of your parents/guardians.
- Official high school transcript
- Official ACT or SAT score
OU Office of Admissions Address:
University of Oklahoma- Office of Admissions
1000 Asp Ave, Room 127
Norman, OK 73019-4076
*Documents sent by email must be sent by a high school official.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com with the student's name and OU ID number. Cancellations are only accepted prior to the program start date.
If you have any questions about the program, application, or admissions process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-550-3659.