Welcome from the Program Director
Thank you for your interest in the Executive MBA in Energy Program at the OU Price College of Business. It is a unique opportunity to participate in this premier Energy MBA program, where you will experience a top-tier business curriculum that revolves around the issues and challenges facing the energy industry today. The program provides the opportunity to customize your experience by taking a specialization in Hydrocarbons or Renewables. Plus, with the primarily online delivery, it is also the most convenient.
Dipankar Ghosh, Ph.D.
David Ross Boyd Professor
ConocoPhillips Chair in Energy Accounting
Executive Director, Energy Institute
The 36-credit-hour program consists of a 28-credit-hour core curriculum and an 8-credit-hour specialization. Students select from either the Hydrocarbon or Renewables specializations. World-class OU faculty and professors of practice deliver the EMBA curriculum in a primarily online format. The program culminates with a capstone project, in which students synthesize concepts across the curriculum.
The program structure encompasses six online modules and three in-person, one-week residencies. Two of the residencies are on the OU campus (first and last module), while the third one is in Europe. The energy industry is a global business: current and future leaders must understand the transition the energy industry is currently undergoing as well as strategy, economics, regulatory, financial and policy decisions from an international perspective.
Course Topics Include:
- Energy and Environment
- Energy Policy and Regulations
- Electric Power Systems
- Introduction to Energy Accounting
- Financial Markets and Securities
- Derivatives and Energy Trading
- Quantitative Methods and Models
- ESG and Sustainability
- Renewable Energy Resources
- Corporate Energy Finance
- Organizational Behavior
- Electric Utility Fundamentals
- Data, Analytics and Decision-Making
- Energy Economics
- Strategic Management
- Carbon Management: Strategies and Steps
- Cyber-Physical Security and Resilience for Smart Grid
- Managing Change – Role of Leadership
OU’s legacy in energy education extends over 100 years, making it uniquely qualified to provide a Hydrocarbon specialization tailored to the key issues in the constantly evolving energy industry.
- Supply Chain Management
- Hydrocarbon Law and Regulations
- Valuation of Hydrocarbon Resources
- Marketing Strategy – Changing Energy Mix and New Markets
- Hydrocarbon Value Chain - Tech. & Innovation
- Financing Hydrocarbon Projects
As the renewable energy industry rapidly grows, there is a greater need for professionals who have a solid understanding of the business side of renewable energy and who can effectively manage organizations and position them for continued success. The Executive MBA with a specialization in Renewables provides the business foundation for those aspiring to lead within this growth industry.
- Renewable Energy Technology and Innovation
- Renewable Energy Analysis and Forecasting
- Renewable Energy Law and Regulations
- Accounting for Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy Project Valuation
- Renewable Energy Project – Business Plan
- Renewable Energy Project – Develop, Implement and Manage
Through the Executive MBA in Energy, our students now have access to resources previously available only to senior staff in major corporations. In partnership with Performance Consulting LLC, the EMBA in Energy offers an accelerated version of Executive Coaching services to complement the program’s challenging curriculum and help students. Our goal is to give students an undeniable professional advantage that benefits them and their employer. Through a combination of group facilitation, individual coaching, and workshops, EMBA students will experience greater clarity, direction, and purpose as they address their most pressing issues – professionally and beyond. Learn more about executive career coach, Rita M. Murray, Ph.D.