Report an Incident
Please Choose the Appropriate Incident Reporting Form
Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
When to Contact BIT?
- Significant change in appearance, mood and/or social functioning
- Behavior that creates a disruptive or hostile enviornment
- Actions that potentially endanger the safety of any member of the OU community
- Behavior that impacts one's ability to function appropriately and successfully on campus
- A sense that someone is struggling or that something is wrong
These behaviors, especially when more than one are present, may be signs that a student, faculty member or staff member is in distress.
24-Hour Reporting Hotline
In light of incidents on other campuses and to further enhance responsiveness, the University of Oklahoma has established a 24-hour Reporting Hotline. The hotline will serve as an added protection for OU students, handling reports of bias, discrimination, physical or mental harassment or misconduct by OU community members. The 24-hour Reporting Hotline can be accessed by calling 844-428-6531 or going online to www.ou.ethicspoint.com.
Be concise, but thorough. Be prepared to provide the following information:
Names of Persons Involved
Time of Incident
Date of Incident
Incident Report Information
- Who was involved/who did what?
- What happened?
- When did it happen?
- Where did the incident occur?
For clarity, use third person language and identify involved persons by their full name (and title, when appropriate).
Use objective instead of subjective language – leave out your bias.
Provide factual information, not assumptions.
Proof read your report for accuracy before submitting.