More than 6,000 current students have chosen to join the Fraternity & Sorority community at the University of Oklahoma. Each of our 56 active chapters is a member of one of our five Greek councils and each offers unique opportunities for personal growth and meaningful experiences to 29% of University of Oklahoma students.
The OU fraternity and sorority community is a vibrant community filled with students, philanthropists, mentors, peer educators, engaged citizens, and much more. Below are a few fast facts about Greek Life at the University of Oklahoma:
- 29% of OU students are members of fraternities and sororities
- Over $750,000 has been raised by our community for philanthropic endeavors this year alone
- Community members have given over 175,000 hours of service in 2019
- Members currently hold over 2,000 leadership positions on campus
- The All-Greek GPA is a 3.26
- 51% of our membership is held by out-of-state students
- Greek students received over $24 million in scholarships in 2019
The Fraternity & Sorority Experience
As a department within the Office of Student Life, we believe in the mission of our office - "You Belong Here." There is a fraternity or sorority for every student at OU. We are happy to help you find your home away from home at the University of Oklahoma.
Need to download a copy of this year's Experience Guide? Click the link below to download your own copy.