Welcome to the Department of Campus Safety
The Department of Campus Safety is composed of the following elements:
- Emergency Management (Unmanned Aerial Systems, Trespass Appeals, AED's, other general safety areas)
- Fire Marshal's Office (Fire Safety, Special Events)
- Max Westheimer Airport Operations
- Building, Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Code Compliance.
- Campus Weather Monitoring and Safety
The Department of Campus Safety reports to the Vice President of Operations.
Our Mission is to assist in providing a safe environment for the University's students, faculty, staff, and visitors through education, planning, monitoring, enforcement codes, regulations and standards.
Our objective is to achieve a University culture that emphasizes safety. This includes maintenance of life safety systems, safe buildings and activities, and emergency planning in a manner that enhances the quality of the University's campus operations and the lives of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.