The Michael F. Price College of
Business ensures the enduring
global competitiveness of
Oklahoma and the nation.
Division of Management Information Systems
The MIS division includes a vibrant group of faculty, staff and students, collaborating to develop student skills, research and advance knowledge on information technologies for organizational use. Since its inception in 1995, the division has grown and thrived as a place for high quality information technology education and research.
Some of our division highlights include the following:
- An MIS undergraduate program with a history of excellent placement record and high starting salaries for students.
- A nationally ranked graduate program with emphasis in Business Analytics and a doctoral program with a good placement record.
- World-renowned faculty, who have earned teaching and research awards, serve on major MIS journal editorial boards, and obtain externally funded grants. See recent publications
- Scholarships are awarded every year to meritorious students from donations by companies and individuals. In 2017, 85 students received scholarships ranging from $1000 to $5000.
- An active industry-academia partnership through the Center for MIS Studies, Member companies collaborate with faculty, support student recruiting and development.
- MIS student association is an active social and study group that is also a student chapter of the Association of Information Systems.
- Programs and faculty have been nationally ranked, with the Graduate program currently ranked in the Top 25 graduate programs in Business Data Analytics in the country, by The Financial Engineer Times (TFE), and the MIS undergraduate programs have been ranked among the Top 20 programs in the nation by US News and World Report.