Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and OU Norman Campus Operations
Welcome to the Department of Campus Safety
The Department of Campus Safety reports to the OU Vice President of Operations and is composed of the following elements:
- Emergency Management (Unmanned Aerial Systems, Trespass Appeals, AED's, other general safety areas)
- Fire Marshal's Office (Fire Safety, Special Events)
- Max Westheimer Airport Operations
- Building, Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Code Compliance.
- Campus Weather Monitoring (Event Weather Safety and Support)
Our Mission is to assist in providing a safe environment for the University's students, faculty, staff, and visitors through education, planning, monitoring, enforcement codes, regulations and standards.
Our objective is to achieve a University culture that emphasizes safety. This includes maintenance of life safety systems, safe buildings, events and activities, and emergency planning in a manner that enhances the quality of the University's campus operations and the lives of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.