Unclassified students are those who wish to take graduate level courses, not seeking a graduate degree or have not yet chosen an academic field of study. Students in the Unclassified status are not considered degree-seeking students.
Unclassified Graduate Requirements:
- Students must have earned at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Students must provide a transcript from their last degree-granting institution, bachelor's degree or higher.
- Students must have earned at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on their most recent degree transcript.
UNLIKE DEGREE-SEEKING STUDENTS, UNCLASSIFIED STUDENTS:
- are not candidates for a degree
- are not assured future admission to a degree program
- are not eligible for conditional admission
- are not typically eligible for financial aid
- are limited to a maximum of 12 hours in unclassified status
International students are not eligible for the unclassified graduate status due to their student visa requirements that they be enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
Application Deadline for unclassified graduate non-degree status is thirty (30) calendar days prior to the beginning of the spring, summer or fall semester.
How to Apply:
- Go to Apply.
- Start a new application.
- When asked to select the type of application you wish to start, choose Graduate Non-Degree.
- In the Program Selection section, choose Unclassified.